Join one of the largest organizations providing Property Management and Project Delivery Services to the financial and telecom industry. Senior Interior Designers at this firm are expected to take ownership of their projects and work with a sense of autonomy and responsibility as they lead a team of designers. If you are a solution oriented, customer focused designer looking to work on complex corporate/workplace projects this is the opportunity for you.
As an experienced leader and Workplace Designer you will perform a variety of tasks working on complex, innovative projects.
- You will perform and lead interior design activities including needs analysis, programming, work process analysis, stacking, blocking, finishes selection, design options, estimating, sample boards, specification writing, tender drawing creation, renderings, contractor management, deficiency identification and problem solving, and interfacing with CAFM as required.
- You will develop and prepare material cost estimates, project specifications and tender documents. Creates schedules while monitoring progress against timelines.
- Develop design concepts that meet client needs and with consideration to work process, culture, project implementation plans, serviceability, sustaining costs, environmental considerations (LEED), impact to related building systems and other project specific conditions.
- Executes design projects and establish budget, time and architectural program limitations.
- Acts as the first point of contact, collecting information from clients and internal team members and conducts site visits to understand clients’ spaces / spatial requirements, deficiencies, business adjacencies, workflow, constraints and opportunities. You will provide clients with support, guidance to complex and urgent problems.
- Support Building Re-Occupancy Committees and provide support in developing the building transition plans including circulation planning, signage implementation and other measures to guide or maintain physical distancing in buildings.
- Attends Building and Regional committee meetings
- Develops and presents re-occupancy recommendations reports as needed in collaboration with the property management team.
- Assists in developing strategies to address unique building conditions or special purpose spaces as required
- Provides furniture plans indicating maximum occupancy density and physical distancing in work areas as required for PSPC occupied spaces as directed.
- Provides floor plans to identify paths of travel in workspaces as required for PSPC occupied spaces as directed.
- Develops and applies approved signage standards and provides specification and procurement package development support.
- Provides ongoing support and recommendations as occupancy increases over time including monitoring for building code implications.
You are a fully Bilingual (English/French) growth oriented designer demonstrating advanced skills in the production of construction documents using AutoCAD, awareness of building issues, building and safety codes, the range of relevant products and materials, ergonomics, LEED, Bill 124 and applicable industry standards and regulations.
You exhibit a combination of creative design skills and ability to develop functional interior design solutions to solve client issues.
Use your experience in office planning and a general understanding of real estate business to service clients, build relationships and manage expectations.
You have knowledge of industry standards, applicable building codes and regulations, including LEED as well as strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
NCIDQ, LEED AP, BCIN, MCR, Bill 124 would be considered an asset
To be considered for this role APPLY or send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com